Friday, February 26, 2010

Nextar Offers Updated Maps of Its Popular GPS Units

With New Road Construction and Other Changes, Up-to-Date Information Assures Users of the Most Current Maps, Routes, and POI Information AvailableLa Verne, CA – August 11, 2009 – Nextar®, a designer and marketer of bold and new consumer electronic products with mass appeal, is offering updated maps for many of its popular GPS navigational units. Available on an SD card (GPS-MAP09SDC), information includes the most current maps for all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada as well as updated routes and 1.6-million points of interest. Its text-to-speech function provides directions in either English, Spanish, or French.

“For any GPS device to be useful 100% of the time, it needs to have the very latest information,” said Eddy Zheng, Nextar founder. “Nothing frustrates a driver more than being provided wrong or outdated directions. Nextar is pleased to offer users of many of our most popular GPS units the opportunity to easily update their systems and have the most accurate, current information right at their fingertips.”

Installing the updated maps does not require a computer or internet connection. Users simply insert the SD card into the unit’s SD slot then download the card’s contents. Updated maps are available for the following Nextar GPS devices:

3.5” M3 Portable Navigation Series:Models accepting the new map upgrades are the M3, M3-02 and M3-06. Common features for the M3 Series devices include: 3.5” touch-screen display, maps of the 50 US states from NAVTEQ®, text to speech, voice-guided directions; turn-by-turn voice prompts, instant route recalculation, 1.6 million points of interest, built-in speaker, 2D or 3D map viewing modes, day and night modes, MP3 playing & JPEG viewing and more.

4.3” Q4 Portable Navigation Series:The most popular members of the Q4 family including the Q4, Q4-01, Q4-03 and Q4-04 now have map upgrades available. Common features for the Q4 navigation units include: 4.3” touch-screen display, maps of the 50 US states and Puerto Rico from NAVTEQ®, text to speech, voice-guided directions; turn-by-turn voice prompts, instant route recalculation, address book, 1.6 million points of interest, built-in speaker, 2D or 3D map viewing modes, day and night modes, MP3 playing & JPEG viewing and more.

Pricing and AvailabilityThe Nextar GPS-MAP09SDC SD card with updated navigational maps and information has a MSRP of $69.99. Please visit www.nextar.com to purchase the map upgrades and for more information on upgrading your maps.

3 comments:

  1. This is a Lie !!!!, please read the comment above, Nextar is the worst company I ever purchased something, I sent an e-mail 2 months ago and no answer !!!, and today, my M3, just... "Kill it self", Yes that's write, the device commited suicide !!!!!!,

    Dear Sirs,

    Are you sure I’m a valued customer ????,

    This Nextar GPS is Killing me !!!!, do you have an idea of the amount of time and gasoline I waste because your product take me to wrong places ????, today I was pulled over by the Police because the GPS took me to a residential are instead of taken me to a Subway Restaurant………, the people was afraid that I was parked there, trying to find a place to eat and called the police !!!!, not to mention the streets that doesn’t appear on the GPS, like Scott Ave in San Francisco, the bypass at Hollister CA, the Arby’s in Milpitas, CA..... that doesn’t exist……, this is by far the worst product I ever got it !!!!!, and is an absurd to have a software that was created in 2008, 2 years ago and there’s no update for it !!!.
    And today, I was driving and heard a cracking noise I was sure was my windshield....., I looked all over, no cracks....., later I was going to use the GPS and guess what ???, the glass was craked !, I didn't touch it, it just cracked !, it works, but not the touch screen....., is possible to see that was no impact, it just cracked, is this because of a thermal shock ?, or what ?, I will throw it in the trash !!!, cause not even an enemy deserves to get to wrong locations all the time and/or not having some streets in the software data base……, Nextar doesn’t respect people as a consumer and as persons !!!!.And now it don't even works.... As soon as possible I will write my opinion on consumer report about this device I will send a copy to Nextar !!!. I deserve respect !!!!

    Thank you,

    Felipe Meirelles

    Ps- I went to Kragen's to exchange it, and guess what ?, they don't carry this product no more !!!!!, that's amazing !, they was going to exchange it cause I'm a very loyal customer.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Nextar navigation system copyright 1997-2008; version 5.5. How do I upgrade my system?

    ReplyDelete